Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My summer thus far hasn't been too exciting. But, nonetheless, I am still loving it. No homework, no classes, no study groups. It's great. :) The majority of my time is spent working or reading; and although I complain about my job, I really do love it. The people I work with are great and the customers always keep things interesting. As much as I love my job, I love reading even more. Obviously. I could sit in the sunshine and read all day and be completely content. I've been reading the likes of John Grisham, Jodi Picoult, and Lisa Scottoline. I occasionally read other author's works, but for the most part these are the authors that get my attention. Some of the better books I have read this summer are:

*Killer Smile
*The Firm
*The Pelican Brief (and I know half the world has read this and the afore mentioned book, but I hadn't read them until recently. If you haven't read them, are interested, and want to read them- do it!)
*Birthright
*Vanishing Acts
*Perfect Match
*The Broker
*Genuine Lies
*Second Glance
*The Rainmaker
*Courting Trouble
*The Seventh Son
*Dead Ringer

I've been trying to find My Sister's Keeper but every time I go to check it out, someone already has it. I've heard it's better than the movie, but then again, aren't all books better than the movie? The movie was pretty good by the way- and I just have to add that Flin cried harder than me when we went to see it. (Hay, Huss, Rascal, Sian, Kij, Sade, Linds, you can all shut your jaws now.) :) In fact that's the most I've seen Flin cry since I met her- which was 7 years ago. . . ANYWAY, that will be the next book on the list, and I'll let you know what I think of it...
For those of you who were completely bored to death by this (and therefore the recent activities of my summer) I do have a great weekend planned so don't even worry. I'll be sure to blog about it so you all don't think I've gone senile. . . Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you posted those, I've been looking for good books to read! Not that I've had that much time yet, but I do have three whole weeks in August to read. :) And I can't believe Emily cried - you should have recorded it!

    And I agree, most books are better than the movie... with A Walk to Remember being the exception.

    I love you lots! I think you should move back to Logan soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FLIN CRIED?!!!?!

    I love her. and you. come back to me pleassssssssse??? :)

    ReplyDelete