Thursday, February 12, 2009

GO JAZZ!

So, Emily's surprise birthday present was going to the Jazz vs. Lakers game. Caitlin's dad got us (Kij, Me, Em, Caitlin, Sian and Hayden) tickets somehow and also VIP passes to go eat dinner downstairs before the game and also during half time. We left Logan around 4:45 and shortly after Sian, Kij, and I fell asleep.






We met Haydo down there and went to go eat downstairs before the game. There was such good food there! We had roast, potatoes, corn, carrots, pasta salad, green salad, rolls, watermelon, grapes, carrot cake, and chocolate cake. It was all delicous!My favorite cuz and I at dinner!Sian's pretty face eating her food. (The catering guy really appreciated the look on her face as well!) ;)

After dinner we ran up to our seats to watch the game. Sian sat on one side of me and Haydo was two seats away. They are both Lakers fans so we had a lot of fun harassing one another. The guy behind us told Sian and I that we were more entertaining to watch than the game! There were two best moments of the game. . . Okay, maybe three or four. The first was when Kobe got a technical. The second was Okur hitting the freakin' awesome three with about a minute left. Third, was when the Lakers missed their two three point attempts. And, the fourth was the final score! My other favorite part was the fact that Kobe missed some key shots in the fourth quarter as did Fisher. As for the Jazz, Williams had 31 points and 11 assists, and Okur had 22 points, including the amazing three pointer. The looks on the Hayden and Sian's faces were pricless as Kobe and Fisher both missed three pointers late in the fourth quarter and they realized the Jazz were going to win. I loved it! :)

Happy faces!


FINAL SCORE!!

There were tons of Laker's fans around us (besides Sian and Hayden) and it was hysterical! One guy started yelling at the Jazz fans saying the "f -word" and something about a snowball. We aren't exaclty sure what it was because he was too drunk to be making sense. As we were walking down the stairs to go outside Sian was saying how the Jazz "still weren't going to make the playoffs and blah blah blah." A Jazz fan heard her and said how she didn't know what she was talking about and they were going to make it kept going on and on. Sian started laughing at him, which made him even more mad. I thought for sure she was going to get in a fight with someone.

Kij and I's happy faces and Sians sad face.

After the game we went to Caitlin's house where her mom had birthday cake for Emily, so we ate that and visited for a while. Our car ride home consisted of us singing Taylor Swift at the top of our lungs and rolling down the windows cause Caitlin was trying to cook us all. (In Kij's words, "it feels like we are in hell.") All in all it was a very eventful day and we had a ton of fun!

Also, Hayden got his mission call! He is leaving on my birthday, April 29th, and is going to the Resistencia, Argentina Mission. I am so proud of him for going on a mission and will miss him terribly. As I was talking to him today he reminded me that he would be home before Brooke and Paige graduate from high school- and if I look at it that way, two years doesn't seem too long. It's weird to think that I will be 21 when he gets home though. Crazy! I'm glad he got to go to the Jazz game with us cause I won't be able to spend too much time with him before he leaves. :( I love ya cuz!

1 comment:

  1. You just had to put the part about Satan's home in there didn't you? haha.

    ReplyDelete